Tuesday 19 November 2013

Symbol 4 : Yang's Taking Flight

Yang's Taking Flight Front View
Yang's Taking Flight Side View
Yang's Taking Flight Rear View

Write up


The experience was deep and intense. It unfolded at the perfect speed. I felt liberated and engaged as I was doing it. The muscle memory reminded me of moments as a child where I played with toy clay and wooden sticks to make things. These moments also had an echo of being rare in my childhood.

The shape is angular, triangular at the tip and flat overall from the top looking down. If you examine it on a plane, you can see the wingtips are round instead of sharp. There is also a spine to the planeish looking figure. I think it symbolizes flight, which metaphorically represents pushing the limits and boundaries in my life, perhaps to explore new fields and knowledge domains, take on a new job or pursue goals that exceed my comfort zone. I think the sharpness indicates my unyielding nature in pursuing a goal while the rounded edges of the wing represent a flexibility within me when faced with obstacles or challenges. I think the spine acts as a guidance rudder if you will that keeps the plane on track depending on how it pivots and then the flatness of the wing indicates my need for stability while I pursue my goals.

The orange color represents excitement, passion and power. The brown is thin and represents a clock of a sort, while the blue symbolizes peace/coolness, calm and stability. The yellow is symbolic of rawness and energy. Lastly, the green acts as a mediating force that connects my guidance rudder to my stability plane.

Yang, to move forward, you need to continue pushing your boundaries and remember to be stable while doing so.

To serve the organisation better, you need to push the boundaries of what you do without sacrificing quality and steadiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment